Thanks for visiting our site
Lifegate, led by Pastor Roger Tooley , is a loving and friendly church that will enrich your daily life. Whether you are just curious about church and God or you are a committed follower of Jesus Christ, you are welcome to join us here at Lifegate Baptist Church. Enjoy your visit through the website, but don't stop there - Be our guest this Sunday and Be Refreshed.
GUIDELINES TO RE-OPEN OUR PLACE OF WORSHIP
(Effective from 2 December 2020 until further notice)
We have been praying and now praising the Lord for the opportunity to assemble once again in our place of worship. It is our intention to assemble in a manner that will be safe for even our most vulnerable and everyone who desires and feels comfortable meeting together. Things will be different for a while and it will require us all working together, putting other’s safety above our own comfort.
If some measures seem extreme to you, it may be:
- For the benefit of someone at greater risk than yourself.
- For requirements laid down by the government.
- For compliance with our insurer’s requirements.
- To ensure our meetings are as safe as possible for everyone.
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (1 Timothy 1:7)
We trust in God above; not in governments, insurers, and man’s institutions. We are not doing these things out of fear. God expects us to be subject to the power of government until they require us to go contrary to God’s Word (Rom. 13:1-7). He also expects us to use the ‘sound mind’ He gives us to make responsible decisions. We will do our best as we do this together with God.
OVERALL GUIDANCE MEASURES:
- 2 metre spacing with anyone of another household should be maintained at all times from the time you enter the church grounds, whether inside or out, including the car park.
- No food or drinks will be served until further notice.
- It MUST be sanitised before and after each use and hands washed. o Children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian that will take responsibility for the cleaning of the toilet and their hands.
- A cleaning station will be set up just outside the toilet.
- The toilet is there for your use but please keep use to a minimum.
- Singing or projecting of the voice is not allowed until further notice.
- (We will work out ways to include music in our times of worship.)
- We will phase in other meetings as we are able to do so safely. When we do, until further notice, all meetings will be held in the main sanctuary.
SPECIFIC GUIDANCE MEASURES:
- Enter and exit the building only by the front double doors.
- Your temperature will be checked at the door using a non-contact infrared thermometer. If a fever is detected, we will ask you not to enter for the sake of others present.
- Upon entering you must sanitize your hands. (Wipes or gel supplied)
- A facemask will be supplied if you do not have your own.
- Please do not touch any surfaces unnecessarily, including the chairs.
I realize that these measures are going to make things different for all of us. We hope and pray that we will soon be able to put all this behind us and get back to what is more comfortable for all. In the meantime, we are extremely thankful that we are once again able to meet together. Let’s make the most of it and rejoice, rather than trying to find all the things we don’t like about it.
If these temporary guidelines will allow us to meet together again, then let’s be grateful. It is my deep, heartfelt desire to be able to meet together and worship together as one family and one body. However, we also want to do so in a way that is safe for everyone, taking special care for our most vulnerable. We look forward to the day when these things will not be necessary. Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to seeing you there in person.
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
Times Of Services
Sunday School at 10.30 am
Morning Worship at 10.30 am
Evening Worship at 6.00 pm
Bible Study & Prayer Meeting at 7.00 pm